Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

C is for collections, cat, chair, colors, candy....

 CANDY..and COLORS.....My sis Janette made some yummy suckers with valentine hearts in the center to sell on her Etsy.com store.  The CROCHETED afghan I found at DI for $8...washed it up and the flowers "bloomed".  I love having colors all around.
.
 
COLLECTIONS...Back in the 70's I collected all things hippo....now days it's books, owls, old orange quilts, and My Little Ponies.....oh, and Harry Potter stuff!  I have books, everywhere.  I had someone build some bookshelves around the fireplace, plus I have shelves in the basement, in my room, and some old lawyer bookcase with glass doors that I got for $25 at Deseret Industries (thrift store).  I put a bunch of books on the fireplace mantal, too.   I am probably going to buy a Barnes and Noble Nook but I will still have all my hard copy eyecandy books to look at.  I 've got books about books:  Living with Books by Alan Powers, Decorating with Books by Marie Hueston, and At Home with Books :How Booklovers Live with and Care for Their Libraries by Estelle Ellis....Amazon Books is my favorite website ever!!!!  A lot of the books I buy used on that site.   I should have been a librarian....

CAT , CHAIR....this rocking chair used to be a drabby green color...I had it reupholstered in a micro fiber orange...another DI find for about $20!  I won't say how much it cost to reupholster though!  The orange and white blanket also DI...Darla the cat is a found object as a kitten....I call her "Darla the Hut".      Hope you all find some delightful "C" things to be grateful for in your day today.  And be mindful of "D" things for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment