Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

B is for blog,bird, blue, brother,Bolivia

Hello, here, are some things I love that start with the letter, B...BIRD....found this cute peacock at an after Christmas sale and put it on my vintage Ebay puff quilt.
BLOG...Here is a photo of the Artful Blogging magazine.  Marilyn is yawning here.
BROTHER and friend, BRIAN ...we met at BAJIO'S for lunch today. I had the usual, lime chicken salad with blackbeans...yum! Dennis, on the right , is visiting from Denver.  Brian(left) is going to BYU.  He was on a mission in Memphis, where he met Dennis (at his navy job).  I love the mosiac countertop that the restaurant has.
 
BLUE...I have been working on a quilt of colors, and here is my blue square.  I took strips of different blue fabric and paper, yes, paper and stitched them unto a square of muslin about 14" x 14".  Did you know that people used to use newspaper as a filling for quilts instead of batting?  I may just do that with this quilt...it will be a wall hanging.   I will first rinse the newspaper in water to get the acid out, dry it , then iron it if there's wrinkles.  The two end strips and the one with swirls(that are glittered) are scrapbook paper, the old music sheet is from my sister, Janette's stash and the rest is from my fabric stash.  I used wonder under to iron the strips unto the muslin. 

BOLIVIA...I am LDS (Mormon) and served a health mission in the southamerican country of Bolivia in 1985.  I cross stitched this map and put it together with a watercolor painting of some llamas (by a Bolivian artist) along with my photo, a little cholita and photos of  Emmio as a missionary (my ex and father of our kids) My bro-in-law, Tony, hung it up for me....I have been  in this house for 4 years and finally getting stuff up on the walls! Thanks Tony! Next time I will find happy things that start with the letter C to share with ya all....meanwhile, I hope you all look for your own "A, B and C" things throughout your day and add them to your grateful list.  Happyness Hunting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment