Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

L is for Linda,, Life, Lake City, MN

                                                                             L is for Linda...that's my name.  My Dad named me after an old girlfriend he dated when he was stationed in the Phillipine Island during the Korean War.  At my work there are 4 Linda's. :)...I took a photo of the above blocks when I visited my hometown of Lake City Minnesota a few years ago.
This I snapped when I visited the Hogel Zoo in SLC...There's a whole boardwalk of engraved names of donators to the Zoo. Below is Lake Pepin, in Lake City, Minnesota where I grew up.  It's not really a lake, but a wide part of the Mississippi River.  I kept going off the road when I was driving, just looking at how pretty it was, so finally I stopped to take some pictures.  This is the birthplace of waterskiing by the way...

I am reading a great book called "StoryCatcher: Making Sense of Our Lives through the Power and Practice of Story." by Christina Baldwin.  She writes about how we should preserve our own stories through journal writing, or scrapbooking, or on movies and ,of course, blogging!..everybody has a story and if we knew their story we would probably be more understanding of them.  I have been doing art journaling for a few years now...I love the visualness of it.  Yesterday I was watercoloring little basic zoo animals, a gnome farmer, some handdrawn witches that my talented mom drew, and a wizard (I love Harry Potter stuff).

This is part of a scrapbook page I did, scraplifting for my favorite scrapper, Ali Edwards....





No comments:

Post a Comment