Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I is for Independence, Interesting, Icky

When the kids were little we had a family tradition of participating in the Freedom Festival  Children's parade , always held the Saturday before the big Independance Day parade.  One year I had a friend, Marlene, make me a little Uncle Sam costume for Mario...He slept through the parade but did get his photo published in the Freedom Festival Magazine the following year.  His top hat I made out of left over material , covering an oatmeal box.  At the end of the little parade everybody got popsicles. 
I is for interesting....or icky....this was drawn by Karlie, who likes to do human faces...this does remind me when I worked in a nursing home many years ago and I had this little old man, Earnie,who had to take his glass eyeball out every so often to clean it....!
                                                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment